manually removing the games for windows live client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomsday440

Beta member
okay, so i've got a problem regarding whenever i want to uninstall or update my GFWL client, it requires me to either put in an installation disk for the redistributable or browse to a specific xliveredist.msi.. if i go to my steam copy of red faction guerrilla and open the installer for the gfwlive client it will extract that to a random temporary folder on my c drive. if i select that msi file, it gives me some "the file is not a valid installation for the product" -_- so, the only way i would know of to get around this would be to manually delete the program (removing the registry entries and filesystem data) but i'm wondering if anyone would be able to help steer me in the right direction or provide a workaround for this.

been doing the same thing for me on the microsoft xbox 360 accessories 1.2 thingamajig as well.

help much appreciated ^^

-side note, i know i could have just searched google, but i'd prefer to get an answer from a person directly rather than spend 2 hours getting epic ****ed from reading a bunch of random crap that doesn't fix my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom