Mac Os 9 classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-mist|mac-

Baseband Member
Ok, I've installed "The Sims" recently and somehow I've lost my Mac Os 9 classic, which I've wondered since I don't delete stuff especially important stuff. Though I've reformatted my disc a few weeks ago and upgraded it to Tifer, but I rememer seeing Mac Os 9 existing not until this time when I tried to play The sims and it won't work.. Any help on how I could get it back?Thanks!

Is it just when you try to launch The Sims? Or is it a system wide problem where you have NO classic support at all?

You may also try to re install The Sims.

Also, if you check the Aspyr website, I think you can download a patch that allows the Sims to run under OS X, negating the need for Classic. Or, if you have an expansion pack installed, the OS X compatible file would have a "carbon" suffix.

I had a similar problem concerning The Sims and OS X 10.1.

I thought for a moment after posting.
If you re-formatted a drive and installed Tiger, you may have forgotten to have OS X install its classic drivers. I did this with my iMac G3 several months ago and had to re-format again to install the classic drivers.

You might be able to install the drivers without reformatting, I'm not yet familiar with Tiger's installation procedures. Otherwise, you may need to back-up and reformat again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom