Mac newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
mac_mogul said:
But uh, the Mac Mini has absolutely no expansion capabilities... In fact, to upgrade your ram you have to void your warranty if you don't order it with the maximum...

Actually, you don't void your warrenty UNLESS the process of replacing RAM destroys the system. If you do it successfully and your system dies another way, it's fine. However, if the process of upgrading destroys your system they will not replace it. So if you know what you're doing you've got nothing to worry about. :)

Anyhow, I don't see this failing. In fact, it's ABOUT TO BECOME THE FIRST MAC IN MY HOUSE ("on or before February 23rd")! And that's ENTIRELY because of the price. The Cube did not have the cheapness appeal. Period. A friend of mine just got one. I know a couple of other people who are considering them who would definitely not have considered a Mac otherwise at all.

This is designed to grab all those people who want a Mac but can't/won't pay the premiums for it. And it may work for them.

And the Shuffle, which is a ripoff (no LCD?? Honestly!), is going to sell well only because of the trendy word "iPod" attached to it's name. Which is why buying Apple Stock now=decent idea in my opinion. :cool:

Thanks for all the advice!

I am quite keen on the mini mac but I can't help adding all the options (1Gb RAM, Bluetooth and airport card etc) and suddenly the price isn't so appealing. I think a used G4 is the way to go until I'm confident a mac is what I want/need, then off to the Apple shop to spend spend spend!

kitch1403 said:
Thanks for all the advice!

I am quite keen on the mini mac but I can't help adding all the options (1Gb RAM, Bluetooth and airport card etc) and suddenly the price isn't so appealing. I think a used G4 is the way to go until I'm confident a mac is what I want/need, then off to the Apple shop to spend spend spend!

They actually lowered the price just recently on those add-ons, but yet they do add significantly to the overall unit price (they should bring it to just about $1000).

I think Apples are way faster than INtels and Amd's. When i go to the mall and play around with the macs there, the run fast, i opened heka programs and it ran fine. ANd my uncle has a 1,8GHZ G5 and it is HEka fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom