mac address problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

antirem

In Runtime
I am trying to connect to a specific wireless acsess point, but there is another signal in the way. When I goto "view avaliable wireless networks" it dosnt load.... it just sits there blankley doing nothing. I got net stumber and was able to find the mac address I wanted to connect to as well as the mac for the one I didn't want. Both of these AP's are not wep encrypted (I will encrypt once I finally get on) Is there anyway to specify what mac address your computer should connect to I dont want it to even scan for other ones. Thanks.

Are these two access points broadcasting on the same channels? or even channels that are close to each other?

Yester day they were on channel 6 but now they are on 6 and 11? I dunno why they just switched this morning.

The reson the channel changed is beacause he was messing with the router. I still cant get on to my other router though. "View available wireless networks" opens very quickly if my computer only picks up one of the two wireless connections. If it sees both connections it just sits there (it didnt find anything all night!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom