Beta member
I don't know if this is the right place to post this.. but

I have a desktop computer, relevant specs are

ATI Radeon 4350 HD
Intel Celeron D CPU 3.20 GHZ
1.5 GB RAM
Windows XP
DirectX 9.0c

I can't seem to run just about any game, even low end requiring ones, because my frame rate is so low. My example game will be Counter-Strike Source because I've literally tried every known thing that's supposed to raise FPS, and it doesn't work.

I've tried casey's config, CEVO config, about every config that's supposed to raise FPS to no avail, and I've always kept all graphic settings on low, and yet it still runs at about 10 frames per second, and no matter what I do I can't get it raise any higher.

I was testing all of these different settings in my own server.

One weird thing though: One time I started it up, and had around 80 frames per second for about 5 minutes, but it slowly deteriorated back to 10 FPS and stayed there.

All drivers, for everything, minus one (explained below), are fully updated.

The driver that isn't fully updated is this PCI to PCI bridge thingy. Everytime I restart my computer, at the desktop my computer will recognize new hardware : PCI to PCI Bridge.

Can't find drivers for it anywhere.

PC is newly reformatted also.

Another kicker, around a year ago or so I played CSS on this computer, with a weaker graphics card. Had WAY higher frames, around 50+.

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

the pci bridge thing you are referring to is the Northbridge. you need to find the specs of your mother board and download and install the correct north bridge drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom