Looking to buy new computer to run ULTRA Skyrim settings.

DiezelWVU

Beta member
Hey there everyone. I am looking for some feedback on what I'm going to need in a new computer to run ULTRA Skyrim settings along with some other games. Please, bear with me, because I'm not big on all the parts, etc... but I can get myself around. I'll just start out with a little information.

1. My budget is suggestively under $1000 or less. Maybe a little higher if I need to.

2. I'm looking for a laptop.

3. I would kind of like a Dell.

4. I have a little bit of an idea what I want. I was looking at this:V3-771G-9875 | Product Model
......but I'm not sure if it would have that great of a lifespan, if it would be worth it, etc.... I bought a Dell Inspiron 1525 back in the summer of 07(?) for casual use and it is still running pretty well, but this thing isn't going to get me anywhere in the new generation of PC gaming.

I think that's pretty much the basic info. Please tell me if you need to know more. Thanks! :Happy:

Probably for portability.

I haven't used my desktop in a year; it's only been on a few times in the past year or so. Bought a gaming laptop so I could still do a bit of gaming without having to tie myself to a specific area of my apartment.

I tried doing the same thing 4 years ago and bought a gaming laptop. Wound up playing games at my desk with my PC so found it useless. My desk is the only place I can play PC games because I have to sit properly. Well, besides playing at work too.

I tried doing the same thing 4 years ago and bought a gaming laptop. Wound up playing games at my desk with my PC so found it useless. My desk is the only place I can play PC games because I have to sit properly. Well, besides playing at work too.

I'm hardly home since I work on group projects a lot in classes, so having a good laptop was important for me to compile code quickly, and game when I'm not at my place if I want to.

Ya I guess I could do a PC after some thought. It'd probably be cheaper and I don't really need a laptop atm. But beside the point, I got rid of the idea of buting that Acer after aome research. was looking at an Asus N- series for about the same price. Is Lenovo reliable and stuff? Never used their stuff before.

Lenovo used to make workstation computers for companies in need of high reliable and high performance machines. So yes, they are reliable.

If you want to build a PC we can do that too, but if so, I'm guessing you will need monitor, KB/mouse, OS and everything right?

Back
Top Bottom