Looking for a new PDA (Palm OS vs Windows Mobile)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Last night, stupid me stepped on my HP iPAQ 1910 PDA. :angry:

I am not too angry about this as I was looking at replacing this unit some time this year as touch screen was getting a little unresponsive.

So this morning, i have been looking around for a new one.

Orginally i was looking at getting another 1000 series iPAQ from HP as i really do not need all the bells and whistles like WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS. And biometric fringer print scanners on a PDA is just a waste of my time IMHO.

However i looks like the HP has discontinued the the 1000 series, therefore I would need to spend another $100 more on there 2000 or 4240. And I am going to get stuck with WiFi or Bluetooth which are features I really don't use.

So I am looking at the Palm Z22.
At a glance, this does all the things that I need it to do with out the wanky features like WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS

The only problem is that this is running on the Palm OS, which i have never used.
What are people's opinions and experences with Palm OS?

Most importantly, with Palm's Address Book? Can i store notes along with that contact (like I can with Pocket Outlook). This is really important for me as I need to keep user names and passwords and other misc details for clients, suppliers and myself.

OMG, the Z22 is the worst PDA EVER!!!!!

The screen isnt touch screen, you just use the stylus on a little pad underneath the screen... I have a Dell Axim X51v, 624Mhz, 64MB Ram, 16 MB Graphics and its great, bluetooth and Wifi is great if you want to surf the internet on the move

Maybe try a Dell Axim X51, the cheap model is $519 AUD with a SD Card,, I dont know what that is in USD but I recon bout $250

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/axim?c=au&cs=audhs1&l=en&s=dhs

Well Z22 doesn't seem to be so good, and the Dell and HP are, well are a little big I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom