Logitech Z-5500 / Xbox 360 / LG 32LF7700

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc0019

Beta member
Hi,

I have the black Xbox Elite, plugged into my LG 32LF7700 via an HDMI cable. I was thinking of buying the Logitech Z5500's - I doubt many games support surround sound but I'm shallow like that, lots of speakers makes the nerd in me happy. BUT for the odd game that does, I was hoping proper 5.1 surround sound would be supported with this set up:

Xbox --HMDI cable--> TV --S/P-DIF TOSLINK (I that's what they're called)--> Speakers.

Would the 5.1 sound from the Xbox to the speakers VIA the TV still be full 5.1 surround?

Please bear in mind I'm a technical noob. Accordingly, I would love it if someone could clarify that the Z-5500's actually accept 5.1 digital input...

Oh by the way I currently have a set of Creative t7900 7.1's :") analogue only, I don't suppose there is any way to get at least 5.1 surround without an expensive digital to analogue converter is there? The TV has an analogue headphone port, I think that's it though in terms of analogue outputs.

Cheers!

Patrick

IF it works, you'd have to pull the toslink directly from the xbox to the 5500's. The TV is not going to carry the signal through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom