Limited or no connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark33

In Runtime
Hi -

I have my netbook networked to my desktop, using ethernet cable. It was working fine on day 1 - was able to share docs between and use the ICS - on my netbook to browse the net (therefore my desktop would be the router).

On Day 2, the ICS was lost completly - and i get the message limited or no connectivity. However, i can still share my docs between both systems. I've tried a few commands to try and reestablish this but to no effect. When i ipconfig / all on my netbook it gives:- 169.254.42.231, so this means unable to reach DHCP. I've tried all the simple things such as; flushdns, renew dns etc and also the repair button but to no effect. Anyone have any ideas how to solve?

Thanks.

Thank you for those links, i'll try them out. When i get the fix, i'll post the exact resolution - just incase it helps someone else with the same problem in the future.

Regards,
Clark:D

Good news - it is now working. The issue seems to have resolved itself because i have applied no fixes or commands between not working (yesterday) and working (today). The only change i can think of would be:-

Ensuring everything was hooked up in sequence, with client turned off - then turning the client on, booting windows on the client with the ethernet cable in. Im starting to think MS Workstation home networking is very temperamental. Maybe - it was a schoolboy error - standard cable connection check! Maybe it wasn't though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom