lil life guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylorhawkins

Beta member
I'm going to start my senior year in a new school here in vegas. They have comp. science classes and idk if I should take C.S. 1 or C.S. 2, the first teaches very basics with ... visual basic while the AP class (c.s. 2) teaches things with java. I have only written really basic things in C++ and a little in java. Should I go with the lower course for the basics? or jump into the 2nd with some java and hard work?. could i hang? (3.8 GPA btw) any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!! its been bugging me for weeks.

the lower course will most likely give you tips on how to build a program start to finish. you may not know these tricks & tips if you're self taught. My college's intro class taught me how to write flowcharts then write the code following the flowcharts and commenting my code. This taught me to write more efficent and cleaner code.

You may want to talk to some students who have been throught the courses and see what they recommend.

Id jump right in the deep end I had visual basic skills, and java on my course and others didn't know any programming. Yet Iv seen many over take me and do some amazing work in c++ and that's from people who never programmed before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom