LAN Chat SERVER/CLIENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

milen

In Runtime
Can somewone tell me what is the best Clinet/Server for LAN CHAT?
so far I test AM Server 1.2 but want to try other ones....

How many users? OS pool for you clients and server? (list all os types that will be using the clients and what the server module needs to be loaded on) Price range?

You could run communications 05 like office linked but I would recommend 07. Do you have server 00, 03 or 08? 90 users would still fall under the standard edition with 1 server but I would recommend 2 servers for anything over 100-150 users (in case you have to think about expansion). Redundancy, lag and uptime all play a factor

I also asked about a price range, what is your budget?

I used BORGCHAT which is good , but that program do not require server between the clients.
I want server which keep the clients around, for delivering offline messages and files, and keep logs of the conversations.

I have 5 win 2003 but , what i mean with server is server program for chat and chat clients installed to the workstations.

not the actual server it self

Yea, I know... but we need to know what platform the server is running before we can recommend a server/client software package right?

I'm not going to say get communications server 07 when you have 2000 Server... It wont install :) Need to know if you have an available server and the OS thats running on it first.

Server OS 03 - Server application - Communication Server Standard 05/07
Clients (vista/XP/whatever) - Office Communicator 05/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom