Keylogger question

basspro82

Solid State Member
I was wondering if you have a computer running Windows that has a keylogger, and you boot with Linux live usb, can you still be tracked?

No because it would be outside of the Windows environment. Not to mention, the Windows program wouldn't be able to run in the Linux environment, anyway.

However, if you have a keylogger, you should really run Malwarebytes and other virus scans to get rid of it rather than just booting into a Live Linux environment to bypass it.

I have a friend that her ***** boyfriend put a keylogger on the computer. She can't do anything. Thanks for the help. I just wanted to double check myself.

No because it would be outside of the Windows environment. Not to mention, the Windows program wouldn't be able to run in the Linux environment, anyway.

However, if you have a keylogger, you should really run Malwarebytes and other virus scans to get rid of it rather than just booting into a Live Linux environment to bypass it.

Check your outgoing connections and see if any data is being sent to a unknown source. If so you can easily block the connection or you can try and find where the logger is hiding on your computer and attempt to remove yourself. If unable to find try and find some sort of anti-virus to run a system scan to help look more thoroughly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a friend that her ***** boyfriend put a keylogger on the computer. She can't do anything. Thanks for the help. I just wanted to double check myself.
Malwarebytes should be able to detect it either way. Run it in safe mode so the keylogger probably won't be able to start.

To answer your question, no, it wouldn't be normally possible unless you manually configure and execute it in Wine or recompile the keylogger to works with Linux itself. When Linux runs, it is entirely different OS than Windows.

Back
Top Bottom