Joost to test live streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
According to New Tee Vee Joost is going to start a public live streaming test today. A new client will be released for that purpose becoming available today as well. The first public live stream will be a video chat with the Joost technical team, a first test so to say to see if everything runs smoothly.
The first real test will be the live streaming of all NCAA basketball championships games starting next Thursday which will be available to users world wide which comes a little bit surprising if you consider how other Internet TV services (like Hulu) tend to ignore viewers from outside the United States.
The other good news is that there will only be in-stream ads which is only fair I guess if you consider it's free and live. The Joost team is looking forward to this first large scale live test which could bring up related problems that are not foreseeable at the moment. I guess the best thing is to enjoy it while it lasts.
I think it is pretty exciting that Joost is finally starting to deliver live content which was always something that held them back in my opinion. From there the possibilities are endless, providing the software and service work as intended.

Joost to test live streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom