Java,Activex etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I'll try it.It will take a while as I only have dialup.It is exactly the same as the other I had in the folder.But I suppose there is a chance the first one was corrupted.
What about the funny interface in Japanese I was getting in Macromedia (and also logging onto my webmail)?Could that be a clue?

This thing is stopping me using Trendmicro but I can update Avast and run it.And I have done Adaware.
I can't remember exactly where I got the last download from but it was the same site at a different page.
I think I kicked out 2 entries in hijack this that were Macromedia on the basis that it wasn't working anyway and I could always reinstall it.
What about if I used a very old registry file (over a year old)?Would that restore the system to the far distant past? And would it be completely safe?(obviously I would back up the present one for what its worth)

any programs you have installed since then would stop working. Your could give it a go as long as you do BACKUP. I will not be held responsible if it messed up though :D.

Sorry I havnt been much help to you.

I mightn't worry about programs not working -just if Windows might be damaged
You have been very helpful but my PC was bought in 98 and so I wonder if mechanical problems may be starting to kick in and a replacement could be in order.

I've got 300Mhz and 256Ram.
Yes maybe a new browser might be a fix
Actually the surprise is that that last download has worked and so I can now get into my online virus scan with Trendmicro.
It has also seems to have solved the problem of my webmail being stuck in Japanese .
My online scan has found dozens of things but the window broke down and I am going to have to persist until I am happy that the scan has been successful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom