iTunes Visualizer Dual Monitor Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stobe

Beta member
Hello, I am new here to the forums. Please move this if it is in the wrong section.

I have my laptop running at the native resolution of 1280 x 800. I am going to connect it to A 32" TV at 1360 x 768. I want to be able to show the iTunes visualizer in fullscreen on my TV, while have the full functionality of going through my music (they're all in a playlist already if that makes it easier) on my laptop monitor. Is there a way to do this? I searched online and found the answer was no, but those were from 2007. So, is this possible now?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if iTunes could do it, but you could try something like VLC Player or Songbird and get a visualizer plugin and see if it's in a separate window that you can full screen on the TV.

I want to keep with iTunes, since I already have all my music and a playlist setup + i like the visualizer.

I haven't seen a way to do it (in Windows anyway). Are you running a Mac or PC?

If you're wanting to do it, really the only way may be to use a different media player.. It's not like you can't import your library/playlists into something like WinAmp or Songbird, because you can.

Ah, ok. I guess I will just fullscreen the visualizer and control it with Remote on my ipod.

Ok, nevermind then. I had seen some scripts and other workarounds, but they were for if you were on Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom