It's crazy: problem was solved by using Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francesco73

Beta member
IT's crazy, i couldn't think that changing browser could completely solve my proble: initially i thought it was a spyware-adware problem but after removing all the possible malwares with all possible software, i realized it was not.
So i downloaded the Firefox Browser: guys it's so fast, much faster than Ie was when it was still working correctly.
I would like to report this problem to microsoft: it's crazy that the native windows browser has such problems after all these windows xp updates till sp2!!

It could have stiil been spyware, etc. Some spyware, etc is made for IE in specific. So, Firefox wasnt really a fix, but more of a workaround.

Well if it's spyware then all the tools i used to remove didn't know it yet.
I used in a row: AdAware, Spybot, Microsoft Antispyware, plus i scanned my pc with Norton and with online etrust antivirus. Panda software online scan didn't work so i couldn't test.
I posted Hijackthis log file in my other thread, if you want i can post it again, maybe there is something i am not aware of in it..
But still it's crazy that a open source browser like firefox works well and Internet Explorer no: I came to the conclusion that Microsoft is the first responsible for letting the spywares spread over the internet, because of not having adopted any security solution when Xp an IE 6 were launched on the market.
Without considering all those patches about security that you have to install: imagine someone as a slow oldfashioned internet connection (and i had it for a while when i was working not on my home pc) how is he supposed to download hundreds megabyte of patches to keep XP in a decent state?
And another problem is: nowdays noone sells you a complete, effective all-in-one solution for Internet protection (antivirus, antispam, antispyware, antiadware). My Norton antivirus, although i always keep it very updated, didn't find a dangerous trojan in my computer: i had to go scan my pc online to find it and get rid of it.

oh i forgot to remind that not only IE but also Opera browser has the same problems, so your theory about a spyware attacking only IE is not really correct..Maybe you are right but then IE and Opera must be using the same components to work while firefox has its own components?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom