Is Vista Ultimate any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hey,

I have used XP pro for the last few years and I have been extremely happy with it.

Well, I got a super deal on VISTA ultimate and just installed it on a new build. It seems to work really nice and I really like how it looks.

I read that Vista also does much better with the Media Center and it can actually let you use the Closed Caption [I really need it due to hearing disability].

I have read so many negative things about Vista, but my first glimpse at it seems to be quite impressive.

Did the SP1 help a lot?
Are there any serious issues I should be aware of?
Do you like it better than XP Pro?

Ok, can someone give me a little advice please?

It is me,

Freddy

I have Vista Ultimate. I really do like it. All the Vista's are essentially the same, but Home Premium and Ultimate both have Aero and Media Center. Ultimate adds DreamScene and some other stuff. Media Center is awesome, I love the remote control interface for my new laptop. It also runs stuff better than XP (I have Home Edition 32 Bit on this PC too). I don't know about closed caption, as I never use it, only recorded TV once on it with my TV card but it gets HDTV and looks great. SP1 helped A LOT! My parents' computer runs Vista, but they got it right after release, and performance was horrible and I grew to hate Vista, however, my new laptop running SP1 is awesome.

Freddy,

This has been asked several times already. Check with the search feature to see some of the threads where this has been answered. I know i have typed out this response at least a dozen times if not more.

Cheers,
Mak

Vista is a great OS - not perfect, but a well improvement over XP. The only real downside to Vista is the hardware requirements are higher than XP - so a lot of old school computers won't run it, or will but not smoothly.

Ask specifically what negatives people do not like about Vista. 99.9% of the time they won't give you squat. People regurtitate what they hear their friends say without experiencing it first hand.

I like Vista Ulitimate a lot more than I liked XP (loved XP too). The new media functionality is great, burn DVD's w/o 3rd party software. Parental controls, more security (not just in the architecture of the OS, but the UAC is an improved function of Vista). There are some other small things that people don't realize Vista does for improved security that helps a ton.

I know kind of a vague post, ask Mak said use the search function because there are a TON of threads on this, all with more information then i could probably post in one setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom