Is there web based software to help remote in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
So, the other day I was at my aunt's. She had a DSL problem. I get on the site, there's a chat service. Oh, okay. So I click chat. They start talking to me. One thing leads to another, and they ask to remote in. They send me a message, I click accept, and bam they have access.

I was thinking, a lot of my relatives have issues with certain things and sometimes it's a pain to drive an hour to make a few clicks when it's something easier than I expected.

Is there any kind of web based software that could handle this task? Preferably free/open source? :) :) :) :)

Reason I put it in Linux is because I'd be running this from my Ubuntu desktop...

Can you give me a little more info on that, or perhaps where I can obtain it?

EDIT - Found it. This looks promising. I'm confused though, all I'm seeing is people talking about .exe's... is this something I can run from my Ubuntu machine?

Thats for the windows client mate, you need something like ultraVNC to work with it you upload that to say www.jayce.com and when your friends or family need the support they download it and you get a allert of a new support session .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom