Is Radeon 9600 pro a good card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric5000

Baseband Member
I have been looking at video cards lately. And since I can't afford a card from the Radeon 9800 series, I was looking cheaper. Is a Radeon 9600 pro a good card? I just want a card under $100 that will be good for me. I want it to play Unreal Tournament 2004 and America's Army etc... It is 256 mb. So would this compliment my system?

-Eric

so what, he mentioned price so that blows the 9800s out of the picture

i have a PC with a PNY GeForce fx5900 128MB and another PC with an ATI Radeon 9200 128MB and the Radeon is less stable and took more to get working (no default drivers in Windows would work perfectly, it was very choppy until i installed the new drivers from ATI) BUT the ATI gives better performance and the drivers for the ATI arent just drivers, they are full programs with many customizeable options, in short it rocks, i would definately say you will be plenty happy with the ATI, once you get it working (frustrating, but worth it!)

I owned a 9600 PRO before my 9800 (I blew it up so I upgraded it for cheap) and it worked like a charm. It's a very good mid level card.

Well, 4 tight budget, is consider not bad to have a 9600series.
Better than FX5600 n more cheaper.

Well the 9600 is a real good card,all in wonder even better but if you can make the jump to a fx5700 id do that since the cards these days are going way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom