IP Address and Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

McHopsky

In Runtime
I used to be a member of an invite-only bit torrent website (http://oink.me.uk/). This website was set so only one IP address can use an account. This website required you to have a 1:1 ratio, however, my ports were blocked which made uploading very difficult for me. After about a week, I lost my account due to not having a decent ratio. I now learned how to unblock my ports and everything is running perfect. My friend has another invitation but I wouldnt be able to use it with the same IP address as before. So to use this account, I need a new IP address, right? Would turning my router/modem off and back on again assign me a new IP and "crack the system" or is it more indepth than that? With a website like this, is the IP address the only thing it would remember or is there anything else I need to worry about?

Thanks in advance!

to be honest i'd be surprised if they only allow access based on you IP address since most people have dynamic ip addresses that change each time they connect to the internet and so wouldn't be able to use it. Probably what they do is only allow one connection to the service from each IP address, this would stop people running on a ratio of 1:2 or more and thus using using more resources than other users. have you tried signing up again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom