internet/freezing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlayeR25

Solid State Member
Hey,
Well i've been experiencing some problems with my computer and internet latley. When I'm using the internet and I'm on the site www.zone.com and only on this site will a box pop up that says "internet explorer is experincing a problem and has to close" or something to that degree. Another problem is my computer will occasionally freeze and mess up, especially when I play the game rogue spear. I also have a problem with that, in rogue spear, i lick the info tab to see what the room is about and it will stay up for like 5 extra seconds after i've exited out of it. I ran spy doctor and the info thing was fixed but then it started again. I just recently started recieving these problems, before my comp had been running pretty good. My specs are as follows (they suck)

800 mhz processor
256 ram
radeon 9110 64 mb vid card
20 gb harddrive

Programs I have for security are as follows:
Mcaffe anti virus, firewall and internet security
spy sweeper 4.0
registry mechanic 5.0
spy doctor
ad aware
advanced system optimizer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First

What OS are you currently running???

Windows XP with 256MB is not enough to play any games or anything!!!!!
Really you need either 1GB or at least 512MB.
That would be my first guess as why your computer freezes. You have really good anti-spyware protection, so i don't think that is the case
JUST MEMORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been hapring my parents to buy me a new comp so hopefully ti will happen. I am running windows xp pro. I dont think its becuase of the memory, my games and computer n general had worked very well before with really no problems.

You might post a HijackThis log in the analysis section and let one of the experts see if you are clean.
Have you looked in your downloaded programs to see if any are corrupted? Zone.com is pretty picky about keeping the HeartbeatCtl.Class object updated.
When did you defrag last? How often do you clean temps, temp internet files, and prefetch folders?
Just some ideas to look at.
Zone.com also has a crackerjack tech crew, you might get in touch with them with your problems, tho they don't 'handle' Rogue Spear problems directly, they do handle the room problems.

Piney

you might want to try running a program called cleanup.....go to google and type in "windows cleanup" and it will be the first link try that. memory isnt really a big issue you could run a game easily with 256mb that is def. not ur problem...try the cleanup and reply to me i might have some more ideas

Our kidlet plays the p2p war games with ME on 256 RAM, with no problem (other than getting into crapola from surfing)

Learn to do good maintenance, get a log posted so someone can take a look at it. Check your downloaded program items for corrupted or damaged files

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom