Internet explorer keeps shutting down! pls help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve-o

Solid State Member
Hi evry1, i turned on my computer today and as soon as i went on the internet windows explorer keeps shutting down, it now does it roughly once evry minute, its driving me mad, pls help.

Please do this. Click here: http://www.sherrylynn.us/HijackThis.exe to download Hijack This. Save it to itÂ’s own folder (not temporary files or the desktop).
Close all open windows and open HIJACK THIS. Click “Scan”. When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to “Save Log”. Click on “Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET, most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise

If his browser keeps shutting down, he may have problems accessing and downloading HijackThis!, but I hope he can. And that's always a good suggestion, Lobos.

I had that to happen a couple of times because of my pop-up stopper and my Ad-Watch Monitoring. I had to turn them off and then start them back up.

Have you installed anything recently?

Let us know if you get HijackThis! and post your log.

Dave :D

thats true DMo244

Steve-o

If you you have access to another computer you can download it onto a floppy it will fit and transfer it over to your computer

then

Save it to itÂ’s own folder (not temporary files or the desktop).
Close all open windows and open HIJACK THIS. Click “Scan”. When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to “Save Log”. Click on “Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET,

most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise

Thanks for your advice guys, I seem to have fixed the problem by using system restore and going back a week, its so far so good and i dont seem to have lost anything important.

DMo224 said:
So did you install something in the last week that made the change?

lol, sometimes you go to certain sites that install things that require no action on your own though.. I have caught a few sites trying to load cab files on my system. I have disabled plenty of active x and javascript abilities due to these kinds of sites.

DMo224 said:
If his browser keeps shutting down, he may have problems accessing and downloading HijackThis!, but I hope he can. And that's always a good suggestion, Lobos.

I had that to happen a couple of times because of my pop-up stopper and my Ad-Watch Monitoring. I had to turn them off and then start them back up.

Have you installed anything recently?

Let us know if you get HijackThis! and post your log.

I had the same problem and got hijack this. here's my log, please advise and thanks for the help!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 11:05:24 PM, on 6/15/04
Platform: Windows 98 Gold (Win9x 4.10.1998)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DRMON\SMARTAGT\SMARTAGT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MDM.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON SYSTEMWORKS\NORTON CLEANSWEEP\CSINJECT.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON SYSTEMWORKS\NORTON UTILITIES\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\SYMTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON PERSONAL FIREWALL\NISSERV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON PERSONAL FIREWALL\NISUM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\COMSMD.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON SYSTEMWORKS\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\NAVAPW32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LOADQM.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\REAL\UPDATE_OB\EVNTSVC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON PERSONAL FIREWALL\IAMAPP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\LEXMARKX83\ACMONITOR_X83.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\LEXMARKX83\ACBTNMGR_X83.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PRINTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CTFMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON PERSONAL FIREWALL\SYMPROXYSVC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON SYSTEMWORKS\NORTON CLEANSWEEP\CSINSM32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON SYSTEMWORKS\NORTON UTILITIES\SYSDOC32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton CleanSweep\Monwow.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\YKU06.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SSA9.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON PERSONAL FIREWALL\ATRACK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\NMAIN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\X62QRLGK\HIJACKTHIS[1].EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = file://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SearchBar.htm
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {C5183ABC-EB6E-4E05-B8C9-500A16B6CF94} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\SEP\SEP.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0B90AA1B-F649-44C3-9FD3-736C332CBBCF} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5FA6752A-C4A0-4222-88C2-928AE5AB4966} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SWIN32.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHELPER.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Band Class - {C5183ABC-EB6E-4E05-B8C9-500A16B6CF94} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\SEP\SEP.DLL (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [COMSMDEXE] comsmd.exe -on
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV Agent] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NAVAPW32.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NPROTECT] C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\nprotect.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\evntsvc.exe -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iamapp] C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\IAMAPP.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X83 Button Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\ACMonitor_X83.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X83 Button Manager] C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\AcBtnMgr_X83.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LexmarkPrinTray] PrinTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [4WGQ3WS5WT#Z8R] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PcwbliJQ.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-aware] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\LAVASOFT\AD-AWARE 6\AD-AWARE.EXE" +c
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adstartup] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\automove.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANTEC\LIVEUP~1\SNDMON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [dRMON SmartAgent] drmon\SmartAgt\SmartAgt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Machine Debug Manager] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MDM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ScriptBlocking] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Script Blocking\SBServ.exe" -reg
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [CSINJECT.EXE] C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton CleanSweep\CSINJECT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [NPROTECT] C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\nprotect.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SymTray - Norton SystemWorks] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SymTray.exe "Norton SystemWorks"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [nisserv] C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\NISSERV.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [HXIUL.EXE] C:\Program Files\Alset\HelpExpress\brock\HXIUL.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [HELPEXP.EXE] C:\Program Files\Alset\HelpExpress\brock\Client\HelpExp.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TV Media] C:\TV MEDIA\TVM.EXE
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Startup: CleanSweep Smart Sweep-Internet Sweep.lnk = C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton CleanSweep\csinsm32.exe
O4 - Startup: Norton System Doctor.lnk = C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\SYSDOC32.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Coupons - file://C:\Program Files\couponsandoffers\System\Temp\couponsandoffers_script0.htm
O9 - Extra button: Related (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: Win32 Classes - file://C:\WINDOWS\Java\classes\win32ie4.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Chat - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/chat/applet/c381/chat.cab
O16 - DPF: {9CCE3B43-4DE0-4236-A84E-108CA848EE6A} (WebCam Control) - http://www.webcamnow.com/broadcast/ActiveXWebCam.cab
O16 - DPF: {166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000} (Shockwave ActiveX Control) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/x86/ansi/iuctl.CAB?37894.7983912037
O16 - DPF: {DF6A0F17-0B1E-11D4-829D-00C04F6843FE} (Microsoft Office Tools on the Web Control) - http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/TemplateGallery/downloads/outc.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2003080601/housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {33564D57-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71} - http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/6/E/F6E491A6-77E1-4E20-9F5F-94901338C922/wmv9VCM.CAB
O16 - DPF: {C2FCEF52-ACE9-11D3-BEBD-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec RuFSI Registry Information Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/common/bin/cabsa.cab

I am also having the problem, BUT it is when I go to the usps page and try to get make shipping label. I have closed out my popup blocker. I did have to install Java Web Start last night in order to get to thei same page. Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllp!

Chyvam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom