Internet Disruption - Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhaleProof

Baseband Member
Hello all,

I have a dilemma.

My internet has been very screwy lately. At random intervals it will just disconnect. I'm fairly certain it's something to do with my computer and not the network/service provider because I've had this problem both up at college in NY and here at home in VA.

I can reconnect it by going to the command window and typing:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew
(it works without the flushdns but I do it for good measure)

If it happens to disconnect during the night it will usually reconnect in a couple of hours. But this makes no sense to me.

I've run Ad-Aware, Spy-Bot, and MacAfee (was using Norton for a while, but my school provides MacAfee for free). MacAfee finds nothing and Ad-Aware/Spy-Bot doesn't seem to help so I don't know if it's virus or computer configuration or what! (I use SyGate Personal Firewall as my software firewall.)

Can anyone help troubleshoot pls???

Also, while using Sygate every time I start up my computer it pops up an access message, but interestingly it says my Kernel has changed since the last time blah blah blah (You've all seen the messages before). I'm not exactly the tech-savviest guy but it seems to me that this is not something that should be or need to connected to the internet.

I REALLY want to do a reformat however I don't have the Windows XP Pro CD!!! I have a legit CD key, but no CD, does anyone know how I can make/buy a cheap copy (I don't even need the CD key!)?

Thanks for your help,
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom