Intel Dual Core question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehlax

Beta member
Hey guys, im buying a completely new computer and im just wondering if intels Dual Core are any good for gaming.
If im using a 3.4GHz Dual core proccessor and the game / program doesnt support the whole "dual core" features etc will the game still run with the same capabilities as a 3.4ghz?
I dont think im being clear so ill try explain in more detail
Just pretend i have 2 exact same computers but one proccessor is Pentium 4 3.4GHz and the other is Pent D Dual Core 3.4GHz, I start up World Of Warcraft or any program for the matter will it still run with the same Capabilities of the Pent 4 or lower because of "reason here".
Everything else in the computer is pretty average - high performance eg, radeon x1800xt, 2gb ram, cooling etc.

All help/replies are GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks to all in advance.

Windows takes cares of the dual-core, more specifically, the kernel. It will decide which information should be processed on which core at which time, as for optimum performance, or stability, or however Windows see's fit. It's not like 32bit and 64 bit, which is entirely dependent on the programming AND the operating system. It's just like having a dual processor machine, just both processors are wrapped up into one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom