installed .net 1.1, now computer enters standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunslinger19

Solid State Member
I have an xp computer and I just installed .net framework 1.1. After doing this, my computer has started to enter a sort of standby mode whenever I am away from the computer for 20 minutes or more. I do not have this set up in my power options, and there is no "Away tab" in my control panel. Event viewer shows nothing for these standbys (I come back to blue login screen that says 1 program running, and i have to enter my loging, immediately bringing everything back).

Anyone know what to do about this or how to at least adjust it?

Double check your power settings. Make a custom configuration with everything always on. That's how I had to do mine, and have done so with both Vista and 7 now.

I dont know if i am going to the wrong place or what. I cant see anywhere to make any custom settings. I go to control panel and then power options, and i turned the options to always on. It is still doing the standby action when i am away for a few minutes.

Look for something that says "Change Plan Settings, or something to that effect.

In XP your power settings should be an advanced option in the Screen Saver Window. Right click on an open section of your desktop and pick properties then Screen Saver.

Ok i have found that. Everything there is set to "never." It is still going to this standby state if i leave it idle for a short time. I ran several virus and malware scans, all clean.

Well you have 2 options. Both of which you wont like.

1. try a restore point from before you installed .NET 1.1
2. do a repair install, which will replace all the Windows files to the default ones but leave your programs on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom