In what order should someone get their certifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silence782

In Runtime
I'm going after my A+ and my Net+. followed by some microsoft certs, and then sisco. Is this the order I should be persuing them? If not, then in which order?

Well,

I got my N+ 3 weeks and now I am waiting for my A+ books..
planing for N+ and A+ as entry level certs. Then I guess I will go for CCNA or MCSA/MCSE dunno yet.

The reason for this confusion is that the choice between CCNA/MCSE is that it indicates your future path.
if u do CCNA. you'll go into routing, networking etc, on the other hand MCSE and MCSA are more into administration.

The good news is that you can combine both certs (CCNA and MCSE/MCSA) which is the best !!

Last, MCSE take a lot of time.. I mean it has about 9 courses (correct me if I am wrong). MCSA has 4 courses (u can have N+ and A+ as a course), so if u have A+ AND N+ you will have 3 more courses to complete in order to get your MCSA. CCNA take less time.

that's all !
take care !

I'd say youre doing it the right way. The A+ will give you the basics of computing, the network+ will give you the basics of networking. Following it up with the MCSE will tie those two together. Whereas Cisco is a whole different ballpark. I've already got my A+ and Network+ and im doing my MCSE then my Cisco.

SISCO? he he he (sorry about that)

start with A+
then Net+
then MCSE (configuring LAN/MAN)
at last, go for Cisco, as its related to WAN.

and thereafter, CCNP, CCIE and money money money.....

IMO....skip the MS certifications unless you are heading in that field. Too many people are getting these that don't end up with positions that warrent the money. Go right to cisco after your Net+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom