Image author?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shost

Beta member
Hi!
I was wondering if there was a way you could trace the author of an image that you have downloaded from the internet. Does anyone know of a way? I tried looking through "Properties" but couldn't get anything.
Thanks in advance!

Contact the site you got it from. Not all images have authors or author properties. You contact the site you got it from and see if you can get the user details. Even if it is just a name. From there you contact that person and work your way up the ladder.

Thanks, Mak213!
Does this mean if there's no author properties, it's doubtful I can find it by myself? There's no program to run and look for a digital signature or anything like that?

It isnt doubtful it will just take work to contact the site and so on. There are programs out there to find digital signatures but who says that one was put on the image?

Most of the time if a digital signatures was placed on there you would see it via the properties. Older applications such as Photoshop CS2 did not have that ability to do that.

From what i know GIMP doesnt have that ability at all. So the process will have to be contacting the site and the person who uploaded it see if you can possibly find the true author.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom