I-Pod Software Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
macrosoftlindow said:
I believe the hard drive in ipod is dying. it has been acting really dumb and reached its peak this evening.
1. several times i have turned it on to listen and it would not play anything. the screen showed it playing but no sound (yes the volume was up.)
2. sometimes it would not play and if i put it to my ear i could hear the drive rev up and then the heads park.
3. i thought maybe i should drain the battery and then do a full recharge and upon draining and trying to charge . all i get is the apple sign followed by a symbol that looks like a folder with an error. it justs sits there continuously and when takin off the charger it stops completely
4. earlier it froze my entire pc and showed an check with "OK to disconnect"

I would just send it to apple but i cant find my recipt to look up purchase date and other important info, yes its still under warranty till july.
any ideas? Help PLEASE!!

Yep, sounds like your iPod is biting the dust, unfortunately. If you really are desparately in need of saving it, try doing a software restore of the iPod (the disks came with the iPod if you still have them), see if that gives it what it needs to keep going.

Yea...search this forum for something along the lines of..."iPod hard disk " or something. there's a pretty good thread about how to replace the HD in your iPod on this forum. While your iPod's taken apart, find yourself a new battery.

I think I'll either junk my old iPod or toss it up on eBay starting at a dollar for parts. In my opinion, a 5GB iPod isn't really that important to fix at the exact moment your enjoying your new 40GB iPod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom