I need help?

IPlayGuitar

Beta member
My computer is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cable and my computer doesn't show up with the network. It also doesn't detect when I plug my phone nor sd card into it.... Could this be. A hard drive problem?

The network issue sounds something more like you haven't enabled network discovery / file & printer sharing under Network & Sharing Center -> Change advanced sharing settings

The SD card thing could be several things. Are you plugging in via USB? Is this a desktop or a laptop? Giving the brand/model of the PC would help as well.

If it's a desktop, and you're plugging into the front ports, have you tried plugging into the back ports? Open up device manager, and let us know if there are any yellow exclamation marks next to anything.

It is a dell desktop computer running windows 8 pro. Thats all I really know about it. The back ports are current being used by a camera, keyboard and a mouse. I tried plugging multiple things in the front port and nothing seems to work... I'm going to try unplugging my camera and try to plug my phone in that port. I'll let you know if the problems fixed and thanks for helping with the internet issue :).

Back
Top Bottom