I just got this message! What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonDawg92

Solid State Member
I just got this message from Norton basically saying it blocked an attempt to hack my computer. Is there anyway I can clean my IP address off this guy's memory or something? I don't find anything when I run my programs. Help! :eek:

Picture

Hello,

No there is no way to clean your IP address from that guy. Not unless you try to hack them. It says they were blocked. That is what you want to see. It is from somewhere out near Cali. I bet all they did was scan for IP's that are constantly on. I bet they tried to hack me as well but couldnt get past my router.

Cheers,
Mak

Why would they try to hack you?

Why do they try to hack anyone? Cause they can. Plus some people do know that i am a MVP and i get items that are not released yet. I have them stored on my PC. People know this. They could try to hack me to get that data.

I remember when i had ZA and way back when i had Norton i used to see hundreds of thousands of these messages. ZA at one point hit almost a million blocked access attempts.:rolleyes:

I meant, what connection do you and the OP have that would make you likely to be hacked? Software? Targeting TF?

Are they just hacking everyone in the world :laughing:

In my experience, hackers will hack any machine that they find accessible. There is always some way that they can benefit from a hacked machine. However, if you really want to be attractive to a hacker, open up an online ecommerce store. Really brings them out of the woodwork. :)

I meant, what connection do you and the OP have that would make you likely to be hacked? Software? Targeting tech forums?

Are they just hacking everyone in the world :laughing:

Sorry i didnt mean to make it seem like that the specific persont hat attacked the OP came after me. I am just saying most hacker scan for always on connections then scan for open ports. Being on a always on connection i know that i have been scanned before but i check for open ports daily.

I dont know if this person specifically came after me. I was just making a statement saying that hackers just go after connections that they can access at any time.;)

They could be. I mean who knows what goes these hackers minds. I dont have ZA or Norton anymore to notify me when a hack attempt is blocked. But i scan my ports daily to make sure i am safe. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom