Hypen subdomains and how do you connect sub-domains to main site in analytics?

moke64916

Solid State Member
Hi,

I have 2 sub-domains. I tried to purchase a subdomain such as www.podcast-mitchellkraus.com and the register.com wouldn't let me purchase ANY subdomains with a (.) in it! So I purchased www.podcast-mitchellkraus.com and www.articles-mitchellkraus.com as a subdomain. I've connected all the pages together and the navigation bar is the same for each 3 sites. Main site is www.mitchellkraus.com. Is this wrong? I have gotten lots of visitors that land on my sub-domain site. I'm having trouble making the home page on each site an External link on my homepage on the subdomains. I can't use q URL for redirect to the main site when it's used on the home page. So the ONLY difference, on the homepage on Subdomains is that I have 2 trailer videos on my main site homepage, but not on the other two sub-domains.

Now, I'm all about creating the UTMOST SIMPLISTIC DESIGN WITH HTML/CSS AND JAVASCRIPT as I POSSIBLY can for my VISITORS, so they feel comfortable on my site.

Second think, is how do I connect the sub-domains in google analytics to the main domain www.mitchellkraus.com? I'm sure I could figure it out on my own, like I have with everything I know about computers and coding. But I'd like advice from you?

Thank you!

Last edited:
What I'm also going to do to my site is, when I use a complex word, something relative to Internet and web-based technologies and Network Architecture and Design is to not put external links clarifying what that word means. I will make my own definition of what the words or phrases mean. I think that will increase traffic and SEO dramatically. I'll just hide those pages from navigation bar and put a link to it.

Back
Top Bottom