HP Officejet L7680 help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcat75

In Runtime
I tried searching HP forums and calling HP but zero luck so far. Why is it when I scan a page, it only seems to scan a partial page? Is this a hardware or software problem? I have the scanner set to scan for Adobe 4.0 - I am doing this for a co-worker by the way, she has had this particular problem with the scanner for about 2 months now and it just came across my desk. I haven't dealt with this particular kind of printer / scanner before. Her OS is windows XP pro.

It could be either hardware or software, I am assuming that you have tried the new drivers?

If it's hardware the ribbon that pulls the imadger across the document, could be getting jammed. Is it making any weird sounds as it works, is there any way to open it up an see if there is some obstruction.

No weird noises when it scans, and I checked for obstructions. I also tried upgrading the drivers, but it did no good.

Hello,

Why would it scan for Adobe 4.0? that hasnt been used in years. Adobe is on 8 now. So my first suggestion would be to update the Printer Software. Since that is clearly out of date.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom