How do you install more than one OS on one harddrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthTools

Hardware/VB.net/Anti-vir
I want to install Linux... I don't know much about linux.. what's the latest version?

I see some names for Linux and it's like ubuntu or something.. what kind of a name is that?? I have ubuntu linux and linux 0.99.

How much space will it take up on my hardrive?

I hear you have to:

If you already run another operating system, you must re-partition your hard disk in order to install a "standard" Linux distribution.
I have an ISO image.. I use Daemon Tools to run ISO files, do I need to put this one on a disk?

How do you go about installing another OS on one harddrive?

What you need to do is burn the .isoo on to a CD an set the boot order in BIOS to boot from CD then when it's up an running in the liveCD mode (if you are using unbuntu) you will get a option to install it on a partition which it can help you set up.

But make sure you have a distribution of linux, Unbuntu, Debian, Fedora, SuSe are some common ones. Linux is the Kernal an not the operating system it is just one of it's core components.

I put the ISO image on a CDRW and went into the BIOS and made the CDBoot option first on the list...I also pressed f8 to get to the boot choices menu but couldn't get it to boot form the disk... I guess this isn't a bootable disk.. how can you make a disk bootable?

How did you burn the .iso? you need to burn it as the image an not just have a copy of the .iso on the cd.

Need help installing Linux

I am going to try to use MagicISO again after I "updated" it... Thank you DOS.. :)

Lets see how it goes...

Well.. while the setup is in progress It says it can't mount the CD.... I don't know what to do now, lol :(

South Park said:
There's no internet to find out why there's no internet.

^ lmao :)

Download vmware server (it's free), and then you can install and run linux inside windows without dual booting. vmware's fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom