How do I setup wireless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanwest

In Runtime
I open up the connnections folder on my xp laptop, it has a wireless connection which is "intel pro wireless 2200bg". Do I need to get a wireless access point if I want to use my laptop internet wirelessly in my home? I can't figure out how to set it up, I tried searching but couldnt put it into words that would return me a result which was adaquete.

I open up the connnections folder on my xp laptop, it has a wireless connection which is "intel pro wireless 2200bg". Do I need to get a wireless access point if I want to use my laptop internet wirelessly in my home? I can't figure out how to set it up, I tried searching but couldnt put it into words that would return me a result which was adaquete.

yes lol. you are going to need an access point. a wireless router is what you need.

Hello Jonathan, have you already made your hardware purchase? I hope not...

As picohat mentioned, a safe bet will be getting a wireless router. This access point will work, but if you have more than ONE host that needs internet access, you will additionally have to go out and purchase a router, or get another NIC for one host and go through the pain in the rear of ICS. There are many wireless routers available in the same pricerange as this access point, and they will have more features, and perform NAT which will allow you to have multiple computers share 1 internet connection.

Hello Jonathan, have you already made your hardware purchase? I hope not...

As picohat mentioned, a safe bet will be getting a wireless router. This access point will work, but if you have more than ONE host that needs internet access, you will additionally have to go out and purchase a router, or get another NIC for one host and go through the pain in the rear of ICS. There are many wireless routers available in the same pricerange as this access point, and they will have more features, and perform NAT which will allow you to have multiple computers share 1 internet connection.
no i got a netgear router it is working fine except for some issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom