How Do I Save Streaming FLash Video Files? (.SWF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabestdorian

Beta member
How do I save a SWF video file? I've tried Firefox extensions to save the SWF but it only saves a 109kb file when it's an 5 min. long video. I tried using various .swf players to try and open it , but no luck. Im assuming that 109kb file really isnt anything .

Is there something special I need to save them. This video I'm trying to save is not from youtube by the way. It's from a pay guitar site. I bought the membership , but I want the videos saved to my HD. I used a program called URL snooper to help me find the "real" url for the video as it streamed(because you can't right click to save) when I logged into the site. So I got this: http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf... took out a series of numbers that was here where this text is by the way)&hl=en&loop=true&playerMode=embedded.

Now I copy n pasted this to my browser and the whole video takes up most of the screen .. I feel like I'm really close to downloading this , but something is off....Thanks for any help !
It's Weird because Firefox won't play the flash video, but my msn plays it fine. I downloaded this plug in that lets you see the swf file and lets you download it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom