How Can I Use Xbox 360 Controller (works With PC) Headset For Chatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcruise3230

In Runtime
Can some one please tell me is their a software I can use to for my xbox 360 controller for my windows XP PC (has a usb 2.0 so it works with PC) that lets me chat with others using the headset that plugs into the xbox 360 controller? If their isn't any then is it possible using some other method for chatting online using my headset? About the headset: it allows gamers to use in game voice chat, private chat, audio for video chat and in-game voice recognition for Xbox Live. (So i want to do the same thing on a PC but without playing a game like using the headset to chat on windows messenger, yahoo messenger, etc)

You can, get the Xbox 360 software for Windows from Microsoft's web site. When you plug in your controller, it will show up as a game controller device (you can use it to control your PC games). If you then plug your 360 headset into your controller, another device will be found and installed, this time an audio controller. Now your headset will function as a normal audio device. You can play sound (music, system sounds, chat, etc) through the headset and use the headset microphone as a source for chat and recording programs. You can use it with Windows Live Messenger, probably AOL and Yahoo clients, or any other chat program that supports voice, just pick the Xbox 360 Headset as your speakers and microphone.

You can, get the Xbox 360 software for Windows from Microsoft's web site. When you plug in your controller, it will show up as a game controller device (you can use it to control your PC games). If you then plug your 360 headset into your controller, another device will be found and installed, this time an audio controller. Now your headset will function as a normal audio device. You can play sound (music, system sounds, chat, etc) through the headset and use the headset microphone as a source for chat and recording programs. You can use it with Windows Live Messenger, probably AOL and Yahoo clients, or any other chat program that supports voice, just pick the Xbox 360 Headset as your speakers and microphone.

Are you positive that if i download the Xbox 360 software it will allow me to use the headset for chatting (I already can listen from it and can use the controller for games but can't use voice chat )? Have you tried it yourself? Also, can you please give me the appropriate link to where to download it. Thank you!

I've used my 360 controller with headset on my computer. I looked in audio properties (Vista) and it shows up as a microphone and speaker. In Windows Live Messenger, go to Tools -> Audio and Video Setup, then Step 1: Speaker Setup, pick the Xbox Live headset, for Step 2: Microphone Setup, pick the Xbox Microphone, and if you have a webcam, pick it in Step 3: Webcam Setup. After that, it will be configured to use your 360 headset for chat/voice. There should be similar settings in AIM/Yahoo but I don't use their official clients (I have Pidgin for all my text protocols and Windows Live Messenger for webcam/audio).

Here's where you download gaming software (the 360 controller/headset drivers), pick your Windows version and go:
Software Download

I've used my 360 controller with headset on my computer. I looked in audio properties (Vista) and it shows up as a microphone and speaker. In Windows Live Messenger, go to Tools -> Audio and Video Setup, then Step 1: Speaker Setup, pick the Xbox Live headset, for Step 2: Microphone Setup, pick the Xbox Microphone, and if you have a webcam, pick it in Step 3: Webcam Setup. After that, it will be configured to use your 360 headset for chat/voice. There should be similar settings in AIM/Yahoo but I don't use their official clients (I have Pidgin for all my text protocols and Windows Live Messenger for webcam/audio).

Here's where you download gaming software (the 360 controller/headset drivers), pick your Windows version and go:
Software Download

Will it work with windows XP since thats the OS I have?

Yeah, there's a thing that says "Pick your Operating System", choose between Windows XP 32 Bit, Windows XP 64 Bit, Windows Vista 32 Bit, or Windows Vista 64 Bit. You most likely have the 32 bit edition of Windows XP.

Here's what to put in

Select type of product: Controller
Select your product: Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
Select your operating system: Windows XP (SP1 or higher)
Select your language: English (US)

then click Download

Yeah, there's a thing that says "Pick your Operating System", choose between Windows XP 32 Bit, Windows XP 64 Bit, Windows Vista 32 Bit, or Windows Vista 64 Bit. You most likely have the 32 bit edition of Windows XP.

Here's what to put in

Select type of product: Controller
Select your product: Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
Select your operating system: Windows XP (SP1 or higher)
Select your language: English (US)

then click Download

I am actually looking for speech to text feature (something like this software do: Nuance - Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 Demo)

So the above drive installation will allow me to do that right?

XP might have a built in voice recognition system, Vista does, and I think if you have Office 2002 or newer then you have it in XP as well. See if you have the Language Bar (or just check Speech settings in Control Panel). If all else fails, then yes, the NatuallySpeaking demo will work (for however long a trial period it is).

XP might have a built in voice recognition system, Vista does, and I think if you have Office 2002 or newer then you have it in XP as well. See if you have the Language Bar (or just check Speech settings in Control Panel). If all else fails, then yes, the NatuallySpeaking demo will work (for however long a trial period it is).

I went to speech setting and the only option is their is text to speech not speech to text. Do you know another way around i should look for before I purchase the NatuallySpeaking Dragon (because it is $99!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom