How can I share files and printers with a computer on a VPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

comptable

Banned
I'd like to network my notebook computer running Windows 7 Professional and Windows XP Home edition to my employer's computer running Windows XP Professional SP3. Both computers are located in my office. My employer's computer is on a VPN. I log onto the computer with a network user name and password. I'm a member of the Administrators group. I set up the network on my notebook computer. I couldn't find the Network Setup Wizard on my employer's computer, although it has a Wireless Network Setup Wizard. So far I've been thwarted in my attempts to establish a LAN.

I asked my employer about networking with their computer, and their response was that it can't be done as it would cause their computer to be removed from their network. Is there a way that it can be done safely and easily, or should I just forget about doing it?

If they said it cant be done, then it cant be done. It is their system and their rules. We are not going to help you break their rules and possibly compromise their system to hook up your computer to their VPN. Follow their rules. It is as simple as that. As stated right in our rules of the sitehttp://www.techist.com/forums/f4/announcement-general-forum-rules.html:

Tech-Forums is here for informative purposes only. We are not here to help bypass, or otherwise negate, security or any other measures put in place by a Employer, School or Parent.

Topic Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom