HijackThis log for crickett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, this doesn't work either. Smart Malware.
I was thinking it might be time to throw in the towel and format, but if you have any other ideas, I'm willing to try before giving up.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

I get nothing with that... I am thinking that it's time to play taps and format the drive and start over. Any adivice on some resources to do that? I used to format win 95/98 and reinstall in computers all the time, but don't have much experience formatting an XP machine. The infected computer is a Dell Inspiron 1505 that came with Win XP that was upgraded to Vista with Dell CDs. I'd rather do a clean install of Vista if possible. Do you know if the Dell XP CD and Vista upsgrade CDs are different from the Microsoft versions. They do have a Dell label on them. Any more help in this area would be appreciated. And thanks so much for the time you took to try and help me TP5328 (sounds weird)... I do appreciate your time. :)

Tech Support Forum Articles - A Guide to Installing Windows® XP.

That will basically tell you how to do it. You can't install Vista on it, if another system is using the same OS and if it is prebuilt with XP there is a good chance that Vista will not install, or run correctly if you even got it to install.

Just backup everything you need and format/reinstall your PC with that guide.

It's going to be a lot different than 98 ;)

Tell me how things go, and if you have any questions during the reinstall please message us back here.

Thanks TP... I'll reinstall XP and then upgrade it the way I did it last time.
I'm sure it'll be a lot different than 98.
Thanks again... this is a great forum to be a part of. Will try and make the time this weekend to do it... enjoy your holiday! I'll let you know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom