heres one for all you sound techs

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostyouth

Beta member
computer speakers

Awhile ago I went to a local pawn and found a set of monsoon flat panel speakers (the MM-1000) and bought it thinking it was a complete set (two flat panels, subwoofer, and power cord) but it turns out it wasnt. These things came with what they call a puck, which is basically just a remote volume control. On the back of the sub there is an input 1, input 2, and remote volume. The flat panels use actualy speaker wire and connect to the subwoofer. The puck connects to the remote volume input and also to the sound card. So essentially soundcard to puck to speakers.

I should also mention that input one, input two, and the remote volume input, all have standard computer sound card connections. Basically same male and female connectors as a pair of headphones.

My setup, shy of the puck, is a double male connector cable from input one to the soundcard. problem is it only plays left channel, unless I pull the cable out of the back of the subwoofer a little. But its still only left channel soundcard audio just playin out of both speakers. I thought this wouldnt bother me but now its pissin me the **** off. How do I fix this shit. Also keep in mind like any half minded individual would do Ive tried moving the cable to input two and remote volume and it does the same thing.

I have some Carmbridge Soundworkds speakers, and I have a remote volume control that's like your puck. Luckily it doesn't play as crucial a step in hearing the music as yours plays (mines broken). Have you tried calling Monsson and asking about a replacement puck? My remote volume control for some reason went out and that's what I'm going to have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom