help with video recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
ok so my computer shuts down after a bit if i try to get video from my camcorder. its a laptop btw. but everything works fine i open up movie maker plug in my camcorder via ieee port thing and its starts to capture. about 5 min into capturing my screen turns black and the power button goes out completly shutting down everything. any ideas on what can be the problem?

bump still need help

i turned my laptop off for a good while and started it up and immediately started to record a video so i could see if it heated up really fast. speedfan when i shut down said my hd was running at 79degrees which is pretty good its around what i normally run at. i opened up task manager while i was recording a video and it said movie maker was using round 80-90 of the cpu and was using around 50000-60000k memory. i conclude that this doesnt have anything to do with overheating... i need help please!!!!

my system specs could be helpful

3.33ghz p4 w/HT
896mb
128mb shared video
100gb hd
windows xp home

any suggestions would be helpful i have been able to record a whole tape of video which is around 2 hours before in the past now itll record 1-2min before shutting down so i dunno what changed it. need help

I don't have much to tell you, but can you check your event viewer for any error or try and use another software beside movie maker.

what other software will record from a dv camera via 1394ieee port and is free cause i think that could be a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom