Hardware Acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

In Runtime
Any reason why I can't change it in 64bit vista? Or is there a way to?
There are programs I need to change it in to run them, otherwise they won't run.

Or am I just out of 120$ spent on vista?

Try this.

* Rightclick the Windows desktop and choose Personalize.
* Click "Display Settings".
* In the Display Settings dialog box, click "Advanced Settings..."
* On the resulting dialog box, click the "Troubleshoot" tab.
* Click "Change Settings"
* You'll probably see a User Account Control message box asking for permission to continue. Click "Continue"
* On the resulting Display Adapter Troubleshooter dialog box, move the slider one notch to the left.
* Click OK as many times as needed/close any windows that opened along the way, and return to the Windows desktop.

I've tried searching on the net for solutions but can't really find much. Someone suggested try this.

If your running Vista then you cannot change hardware acceleration while DWM is running, go to either Vista Basic or Windows Standard to change the hardware acceleration.

I've tried searching on the net for solutions but can't really find much. Someone suggested try this.

If your running Vista then you cannot change hardware acceleration while DWM is running, go to either Vista Basic or Windows Standard to change the hardware acceleration.

What do they mean? Just the theme?

I really don't know since I don't have vista to look at to see what kind of settings they are referring too.

By theme he means you are running Aero. Right click on your desktop and click personalize. There click on Windows Color and Appearance. There click the link to open the classic properties.

classiclink.png

There the classic Theme menu will pop up. There adjust your theme to be anything but Aero.

themesettings.png

This will allow you to use hardware acceleration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom