Halp! NOT lag, but my game is slow, have no idea why

Healsies

Beta member
Alright, i finally decided to ask the people here, after much inquiry among the people i know. I have some experience with computers, that is to say more than my family. However, on this issue, im lost and need some direction.

I play Minecraft, mostly online, and as of 2 weeks ago, my computer was running fine. Pre-made gaming laptop (gaming, because a better than average graphics card)
and in-game, the movement was smooth.

Then, and i think it is related, the computer overheated.

From then on, i would have maybe 30 seconds of regular performance, but then all the players would freeze. Id be left, and could freely interact with the world, but then it would say i timed out.

As i said before, it wasn't lag, as im pretty sure only fps would have been affected.
correct me if im wrong, but timing out means the server wouldnt send me info for the game, and so my client couldn't do anything and logged out. But on another computer, online works fine, so i know it's something with my computer.

Permenantly connected to wifi, and no routter is connected to it.

What im getting at is: Is it something in the software?; did the overheat do damage?; is there a simple solution for timing out?

I would truly appreciate any advice given, and if this is the wrong section, I'd appreciate it if a more helpful forum was pointed out. Thnx :)

After it overheated did you properly clean it out? Depending on what overheated you may have damaged the wireless but doubtful.

Timing out means you lose connectivity to the server for whatever reason. That is why I initially said could be a damaged wireless card. I would try plugging your laptop directly into your router with an ethernet cable and see if it still does that. If it doesn't, then it's your wireless.

Back
Top Bottom