Guild Wars 2

Depends really. I enjoy their loot system and how everyone get's their own and there is no such thing as spawn calling or kill stealing. It is a completely social game and I am enjoying it very much... Only wish I knew more people whom play it.

I bought it with a friend, but he ended up not liking the combat style... or at least one thing in particular. That melee characters could walk through enemies and stop the auto-attack, so he stopped playing -.-;

Yes. It is worth a buy. It's a change of pace. You get most of the end-game content right off the bat. You can slowly advance through the game because you don't have to pay a monthly fee. I've had the game for 4 months and I'm only level 27. I'm taking my damn time because I don't have to grind through it mindlessly to get my money's worth.

Get it.

Is it Worth the buy?

Personally, I'd say no, but I have never been the greatest fan of MMORPG's so....

Although I didn't mind the combat, at least it felt like I was doing something rather than just spamming buttons.

A lot of the quests are dead boring. At least they are up until 20 (as far as I got), you spend hours just shaking trees to get bandits to fall out, or you spend your time picking up buckets to feed or wash cows over and over again until the quest is done. Not exactly what I enjoy....

Don't get me started on one of the missions I had to do, must have taken about 10-20 minutes of just walking forward a few metres, picking up some blobby goo thing on the floor, running back to some scientist guy, hand him the goo. Repeat.... repeat... repeat... repeat.... repeat... repeat... repeat.... BORING!!

Personally, GW2's character models and combat system as well as the art look ridiculous to me. I can't play a game like that xD
WoW, on the other hand, has kept me engaged for years and i play everyday constantly. I'm not sure why people are getting turned off from WoW just because of a few changes. It's still the same game to me. You'd have to be the most ignorant fool on the planet to berate a game company for making the changes that blizzard has to WoW. I am rather biased though, i say don't waste your money GW2 doesn't even look good. But the quest system is supposed to be very intuitive and evolved so if you're into that, i'd say give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom