Graphics Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rook1e

In Runtime
Hey guys i have some graphics questions.. My first one is whats the difference between DVI and VGA?
And what do you think about the GeForce 7950 GT oc 512 card? I play Source and FEAR.

First off DVI is generally regarded as the better connection to use, the image is generaly sharper and brighter - you can tell especially when looking at photo's. However, make sure your monitor has a DVI connection as i beleive the 7950GT has 2 DVI Outputs, If your monitor doesnt have one, you can buy DVI to VGA Connectors, sometimes there supplied with the Graphics card. If not there picked up cheeply.

As of the 7950GT.... Superb card :). Very fast and will fair well on FEAR (My X1950Pro gets very close to max settings, the 7950GT is a good amount quicker than my card) , you'll have alot of fun with this card. It will handle all games out at atleast high i would of thought, at a decent resolution as well.

If you post your current pc specs, i can give you an idea of the improvement you will get.

Thanks.

KMAN,
Sorry for the delay! I have a Intel Core 2 1.86 2GB RAM with Vista.
Thanks for your help with the cables. I do have one more question why do the ATI cards need such a big power supply?

i have the Leadtek 7950GT 512MB and its a great card, i can play all the games ive tried on max settings including Battlefield 2142, FEARMP, Hitman blood money, far cry etc, the card is silent aswell, i cant hear it over my case fans(which are also quiet)

As for the Power Supply question, i dont think ATI cards need a higher power usage. When they say reccomend over 500W or whatever thats total RUBBISH. To give you an idea.. My Pc Spec is similar to yours, Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86Ghz, ATI X1950Pro Turbo, 2GB PC5300 ram. And what power supply am i running on... a 400W NorthQ one. I have had no problems of power shortage at all yet.

ATI probably have higher wattage recomendations so they get less complaints of card failure with the power supply, simple really. I might be wrong they might use more power but i dont think they do on a personal level. If youve got a power supply of a Good quality (A branded one preferably) and its >400w i wudnt worry.

What graphics card are you currently using anyway Rook1e ?,
Whatever it is im sure the 7950GT will please you.

Thanks, anymore questions please either post back here or PM me for a quicker response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom