Good BF2 servers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I'm looking for a list of decent servers.

Most of 'em I've tried are full of spawn campers, cartillary, constant artillary, yadayadayada...

Anyway, does anyone know of any decent ones, where people (pretty much) just play the game?

Any "no armor" servers would be nice, too... although I can be mean when I'm behind any of the big guns.

Whats wrong with armour? I get tonnes of kills blowing up all those armour whores with landmines :)

Artillary really annoys me though, just cheap kill blanket bombing, wheres the fun in that? What really annoys me is when some dumb commander keeps shelling active combat zones and blowing up half his team.

What really annoys me is when some dumb commander keeps shelling active combat zones and blowing up half his team.

EXACTLY!!! Over half the time I'm killed by artillery, it's friendly fire.

I've hit a couple of servers where friendly fire was tuened off (but not artillery, of course). On one of them, there was some idiot on my side following me around shooting me. Not once or twice, but continuously until he ran out of ammo. Weird.

Surely there are a couple of good servers? Where does everyone else play on?

OK, I know people play BF2...

At least let me know this... do most people just play on one server, or do most place on different servers?

The vast majority of servers only play one map, which gets repetitive really fast to me. I tend to try out different servers, but I am wondering about everyone else...

try 101st , raw servers(freaking awesome servers),moders, those are all good servers that are always full of good players

deadmeat server is good too. and some armored fury only server is good. it actually depends on ur location and pings. im assuming you are in the US so u can find tons of low ping servers. just try diff servers till you find a good 1.

I've been playing Special Forces alot lately to tell you the truth. I'd love to play more Armored fury, but meh... I can't keep it from crashing to desktop. So, i'm waiting until patch 1.4 lands. When ever that is.

As for Tanks Whores... Land Mines like said above. And for constant artillery... Spec ops. Take those suckers out... that's the first thing I do when I spawn in a new game. Then I wait for the commander to drop supplies... re arm... take them out again... All while i'm dodging cartillery...

I usually play the special forces kit. Nothing like sneaking up on a tank, popping two or three explosives on it, running for a few yards, and then hitting the switch. BOOM!

I'm actually getting pretty good at long range targets with spec ops.

I'm thinking of getting Armored Fury... is it worth it?

HAVOC2k5 said:
I

And for constant artillery... Spec ops. Take those suckers out... that's the first thing I do when I spawn in a new game. Then I wait for the commander to drop supplies... re arm... take them out again... All while i'm dodging cartillery...

I might have to try that :amazed: why didn't I think of it before!! Blowup my sides artillary so that *my* commander can't blow me up!
Unless you ment there other guys artillary..
:p

I dont much like the spec ops kit though, I normally play medic/Anti-Tank/Engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom