Going to build a my first PC! These parts compatible with each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekyKid

Beta member
Yes, this is going to be the first time i build a PC. I'm involved with software a lot and thought I would try my hand at hardware and get to know a PC better. I would like to have my own PC for university other then my laptop :big_smile: . So I know a bit about building, I rebuilt a PC from old PC parts onto a 2005 computer.

I'm going to start collecting the parts with the spare money and Christmas/birthday gifts but haven't start yet. (I plan to start by Christmas 2011)

Here are the links...
Biostar MCP63 Motherboard - GeForce 6150, Socket AM3, DDR3, RAID, Hyper Transport Technology at TigerDirect.com
motherboard.

Intel Celeron Dual Core E3300 Processor BX80571E3300 - 2.50GHz, 1MB Cache, 800MHz FSB, Dual-Core, Socket 775, Retail CPU w/ Fan at TigerDirect.com
processor

Kingston HyperX 2GB DDR3 1333MHz Memory - Non-ECC, CL7, Unbuffered DIMM, 240-pin at TigerDirect.com
memory

NZXT G921RB Mid Tower Computer Case - Silent Cooling, ATX, Micro ATX, Baby AT, Steel, Black-Blue at TigerDirect.com
pc case

Western Digital WD3200AAKS Caviar Blue Hard Drive - 320GB, 3.5, 7200RPM, 16MB, SATA-300 (OEM) at TigerDirect.com
Harddrive

Cooler Master RG-ICFN-200G-B1 IceFusion 200G Thermal Compound at TigerDirect.com
cooling compound

MSI DH-24AAS-17 Internal DVD Writer - DVD+R 24X, DVD-R 24X, DVD+RW 8X, DVD-RW 6X, DVD-RAM 12X, CD-R 48X, CD-RW 32X, SATA at TigerDirect.com
dvd drive

Intel PRO/1000 PT Desktop Gigabit Adapter - 10/100/1000Mbps at TigerDirect.com
ethernet drive

Visiontek 900089 Radeon 7000 Video Card - 64MB, PCI, w/DVI/TV-OUT at TigerDirect.com
video card

Diamond Xtreme Sound 5.1/16 bit Sound Card at TigerDirect.com
sound card

LG W1934S-BN 19 Widescreen LCD Monitor - 1440x900, 5ms, 1000:1 Native, VGA, Tilt at TigerDirect.com
monitor

If you're not going to have this done until around/near 2012 why not just wait?
There will be tons more new and faster CPU's, better graphics cards, nicer motherboards, and tons more. Why not wait?

Your processor is incompatible with your motherboard.
Also, that is a lot of thermal paste, you shouldn't need that much unless you plan to be reapplying thermal paste daily.

Also you forgot an essential part of the computer, the power supply.

Do you have a set bugdet?
This processor should work
AMD ADX260OCGMBOX Athlon II X2 260 Dual Core Processor - 3.20GHz, Socket AM3, 2MB Cache, 2000MHz (4000 MT/s), Retail

Sorry, set budget is $600.00

If you're not going to have this done until around/near 2012 why not just wait?
There will be tons more new and faster CPU's, better graphics cards, nicer motherboards, and tons more. Why not wait?

I supposed so.

Kasey has a point, newer technologies are coming out later this year. Even if you do not plan on buying any of the newer technologies, they may cause prices to drop later.
Also it is best to buy all of the parts at once, rather than buying the parts slowly until you have a complete computer. This ensures that you get the best deal (as new components come out, others become obsolete). You are also better able to troubleshoot problems with various components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom