Gmail's Desktop Notification in chrome ?

carnageX I have to have chrome open to Gmail in browser minimized for it work and to see the bell ?
Yes you need Chrome open and GMail open in a tab for everything to work. That's why I said this little note in one of my previous posts:

NOTE:
You need to be signed in to Gmail and have Gmail open in your browser to see desktop notifications.

Yes, as long as Chrome browser is open and GMail is open in a tab in Chrome, the pop up notifications will come in.

You can try testing it by sending an email to yourself and minimizing your browser to see if the notification pops up.

carnageX thanks very much it worked I hope you could help me with I want to know the set up for both yahoo and google calendars set up on the desktop and using it from the desktop do I start another thread get back to me please

Glad to hear it worked.

Why do you want both calendars?

Google Calendars will integrate with Desktop Notifications if you follow the very first link I posted: How to Enable Desktop Notifications for Google Calendar in Chrome

As for Yahoo Calendar..you'll either have to keep the browser/tab open, and keep Yahoo open in the tab. That or you'll have to find an application that will allow you to connect to Yahoo calendar. However this was your previous thread, and we told you to just switch to using Google Calendar so that you can use Desktop Notifications...so you'll just be back to square one if you wanted to continue using Yahoo calendar...

Back
Top Bottom