getting Gears of War for PC, DX10 any different from DX9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
i cant seem to find any screenshot comparisons online, anyone who has the game for PC can u tell me or post comparing screenshots of Gears of War played in DX9 n DX10 next to each other plz?

my younger bro is getting it, asked me if he could, i said sure because i wanted to get it anyways :p

i usualy cant tell the diference from screen shots like when i had crysis with the dx10 hack on xp, then i got dx10 on server 08. i noticed teh diference quite abit to be honest it has a smoother look, geometry seems a litle better aswell as shading nothing much the dx9 versiosn still look amazing, but i prefer dx10, it gives a nice boots in visuals. as for gears of war i havent tried it in dx10 yet even tho i own it, alltho i have seen a screen shot between the two once before and the diference was quite noticeble.

i usualy cant tell the diference from screen shots like when i had crysis with the dx10 hack on xp, then i got dx10 on server 08. i noticed teh diference quite abit to be honest it has a smoother look, geometry seems a litle better aswell as shading nothing much the dx9 versiosn still look amazing, but i prefer dx10, it gives a nice boots in visuals. as for gears of war i havent tried it in dx10 yet even tho i own it, alltho i have seen a screen shot between the two once before and the diference was quite noticeble.

i think i see a bit of a difference. More polished from what i can see.

oh n i was customizing the controls a bit because the default ones sucked. Too bad that turning left and right cant be implemented in the mouse, would make things so much easier!

i do have a wired Xbox 360 controller that feel more comfortable, i just wish i had another. Hmm u got Gears of War for PC? Sweet. Mine acc name is.................Wildside. I'm still getting use to to the game.

Have they released a new patch that will allow me to finally play this game under Vista SP1?

Have they released a new patch that will allow me to finally play this game under Vista SP1?

i play it fine. The problems i am getting is that, even with V-sync, u can see the scan lines go up across ur screen everytime u move. Kind a gets annoying because i makes me think im getting screen tearing.

game is cool, too bad i dont have the PhysX Accelerator. I'm still looking for one for cheap on ebay ONLY IF i decide on getting Unreal Tournament 3.

i play it fine. The problems i am getting is that, even with V-sync, u can see the scan lines go up across ur screen everytime u move. Kind a gets annoying because i makes me think im getting screen tearing.

game is cool, too bad i dont have the PhysX Accelerator. I'm still looking for one for cheap on ebay ONLY IF i decide on getting Unreal Tournament 3.

pick up a 9800gtx+ itl be cheaper and itl perform better and yes it has physx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom