Geek Squad CIA Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKenya88

Beta member
I have a job interview Wednesday for a position with Geek Squad as a Counter Intelligence Agent. I'm really in need of a job as I just graduated college with an Information Systems degree and I have been unemployed for last 2 1/2 months and I need to start paying of my school loans, BADLY! I was wondering what are some of the interview questions they ask? Is there a aptitude test you have to take? If so what are some of the general questions they ask? Anything else about the job would be a plus.

I Just want to make sure I'm prepared for this job as I really need it badly. I considered my self to have a great deal of technical knowledge but I'm not the best person at taking test or interviews especially under pressure. Thanks for any help!

Not to sound harsh but I really wouldny get your hopes up to high. The Geek Squad is very picky about the people they hire. I tried a long time ago and i was overlooked even with having A+ and Net+ certifications. They like to train and manipluate their Geeks to try and squeese out every penny they can.

The questions i was asked were the basic interview questions. Why do you want to work here? What can you contribute? I didnt get tested or anything on my knowledge. But i think that had to do more with the fact that wgile i was waiting for my interview i showed up a Geek Squad member when he was stumbling to answer a customer question. Turned out it was the Head Geek if there is such a thing.

So while i feel for you amd hope everything goes well, feom my experience woth my interview if you know to much you wont get the job.

Posted from my Motorola Atrix 4G using the Tech-Forums App

Thanks for the tips I was just googling around and saw a pdf of general questions they ask.. It seems like the regular Why do you want to work with us? kind of questions. Well in that case I might try to dumb it down technically and try be more customer service/ sales oriented. Thats prolly what they want.. Some one who can sell someone a 150$ virus scan software. Instead of just telling them to use a free program and removing it.

Just curious what the interview would be like.. it has been so hard to find any type of IT related job right now. So I figured to get this and hopefully be able to pay off some of the bills along with some of the student loans and start cert grind.

Present yourself as a salesman. They are more inclined to hire somebody with sales experience than somebody with technical experience/credentials.

I was trying to get hired there for 6 yrs now with no luck, those guys are a bunch of douch bags. But besides the point you made it past there 50 questions worth of ******** gratz, they will ask you questions about selling stuff, and make sure to always try to push accessories (flash drives, external hard drives and ram and etc) But I have had a phone interview and inperson interview. I have my A+ with 4-5 years in IT and they still told me to get the **** out. THose **** pricks

They actually don't require any of their techs to have any certifications at all, so I am not surprised, JKenya88, that they didnt care about your qualifications. The real question, to the OP, is: do you want a career in computers, or do you want to be a salesman?

Sounds like they are trying to be like Apple. To be a "genius" you don't have to have any technical background at all. If you get the job they fly you out to Cupertino for training. It's all about if you fit into their persona more than if you have the skills to pay the bills. I kind of get what they're doing but, don't they have a backroom where all the anti-social tech geeks work in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom