Gaming Surround Sound Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
Ok so...

What's the deal?

Is 5.1 True Surround sound Vs 7.1 any better?

Reason I ask is I see "True 5.1 3D Directional Audio with no Emulation" on a pair of lovely surround sound headset, and then I see the 7.1 version which obviously has emulation or something inside since it doesn't list it as the same...

but... besides the "extra speakers" (in your earcups...) will I really notice any difference in sound?

Will I be able to hear something more clearly with 5.1 real Vs 7.1 Emulated? Like when a zombie is coming up behind me slightly to "my right", will I notice the sound more quickly with True 5.1, or Emulated 7.1 or is it all marketing hype to sell headsets?

the 7.1's are a better choice straght up, also what model are you looking at buying?

Seeing as an Xbox 360 can only do 5.1 getting a 7.1 is pointless...

What headset(s) are you looking at?

I had a set of "true" 5.1 headphones and they where awful. I can only imagine emulated being worse. I suggest trying some before buying if you can.

I had a set of "true" 5.1 headphones and they where awful. I can only imagine emulated being worse. I suggest trying some before buying if you can.

I'd have to agree. I've used the Turtle Beach X41's at Best Buy and they fail in both sound and comfort compared to my A40's... My friends older brother has the Triton AX Pro's which have better sound than both the X41's and the A40's but you can only wear them for like 2 hours at a time because of how uncomfortable they are.

These are very similar to the G930's I use on PC.. and they're insanely comfortable (the 930's.. I haven't tried these out myself)
Also I don't think they're surround sound... I haven't found anything that said they were. But here they are anyway :tongue:
Logitech - Wireless Headset F540

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom